Evaluation of the Essay or Thesis
Evaluations take place at several points in the honors thesis process:
- WMGS 99a and/or b: The adviser of the student's project section will grade the student.
- Honors thesis/oral defense: The defense committee, made up of the adviser and a second reader determines a recommendation for honors at the time of the defense. The committee will base this recommendation upon both the written project and the oral defense.
- Program Honors: Determination of program honors is a decision of the WGS core faculty and is dependent not only on the level of honors earned for the thesis but also on the student's academic record in the WGS program. The level of program honors awarded will be highest honors, high honors, honors or no honors.
- Undergraduate Program
- Graduate Programs
- Grants and Prizes
- Queer History at Brandeis
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Resources and Career Connections
- Summer Precollege Program: Queer Academics and Activism
- WGS Guide to Brandeis
- About Us
- Contact Us
Here's how the library can enrich your WGS experience!
Maric Kramer is the Academic Outreach Librarian for the WGS program. They are available to faculty, staff, and students and can help with everything from citations to basic research to dissertations and beyond.
Farber Library, Level 2