Job Search Resources
Not sure where to start? Here are some ways to get started on your job search.
About Our Team
Resumes and CVs
Get Work Experience and Gain Practical Skills
Requesting Informational Interviews
Preparing for Technical Interviews
- How To Write A Resume When You Have An Academic CV
- Turning a CV Into a Resume
- Connecting Your Resume to the Job Ad
- Brandeis GSAS Resume Template
- Writing a Resume Summary
- Resume and Cover Letter Templates
- Resume Templates
- Tips on Writing a Cover Letter
- Uncovering the Secrets of Writing a Cover Letter
- How to Write a Cover Letter
- Sample Cover Letter
- Read about these 7 career competencies to show on your resume
- Connected PhD
- Make an appointment with the SciComm lab
- Brandeis Innovation I-Corps Program (funded by the NSF)
- Kaggle Coding Competition
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com) offers more than 5,000 high-quality educational videos on topics ranging from using different technologies to building business and professional skills.
- Beyond the Professoriate: 10 Things Your PhD Advisor Never Told You About Growing Your Professional Network
- What is informational interviewing and where do I start?
- Requesting an Informational Interview
- Join our Brandeis GSAS Careers and Connections Group
- Imagine PhD, a career exploration and planning tool for the humanities and social sciences
- B Connect
- Alumni Career Conversations Monthly Programming
- Passive Networking for Long-Term Career Success
- Your PhD Career Transition Story
- Getting Started With LinkedIn
- Using LinkedIn to Research Career Options
- How to Build Your LinkedIn Profile
- 8 LinkedIn Profile Tips for Graduate Students
Conducting informational interviews is a great way to learn about potential diverse career paths and ask questions about skills needed. Here are some questions to get you started.
- Inside Higher Ed - Informational Interviews
- Ask a Manager - Actually Useful Questions to Ask in Informational Interviews
- Tell Me About Yourself?
- Interview Questions
- Behavioral Interview Questions
- How to Prepare for an Interview
- The Hiring Process
- Negotiating a Job Offer
- How to Build and Grow Your Network
- Set up an appointment with one of our career coaches for a mock interview!