On August 12, Information Technology Services will be upgrading Lynda.com accounts to LinkedIn Learning in order to take advantage of the newly-named service’s features and capability to work with LinkedIn to support your learning needs. Although you will notice changes to the longtime learning and professional development platform - primarily in the user interface - many of the features that are popular with Lynda.com users will remain intact. You do not need to take any action during the transition and you will not lose any information associated with your account as all admin and learner data including content, account settings, and histories will carry over to LinkedIn Learning. Faculty and staff will continue to have the opportunity to create custom playlists that can be shared as classroom resources in LATTE or directly link to specific videos within LinkedIn Learning.
LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com) offers users of any skill level with more than 5,000 high-quality educational videos on topics ranging from using different technologies to building business and professional skills. All active Brandeis faculty, staff and students have free, unlimited access to this online repository of instructional videos.
Learn a new skill online, on your own time!Start building professional skills today with LinkedIn Learning, an on-demand learning solution designed to help you gain new skills. With LinkedIn Learning, you’ll experience the same things you love about Lynda.com like:
- High-quality content: At the core of LinkedIn Learning is high-quality Lynda.com content. If you have favorite content on Lynda.com, don’t worry, it is still there!
- Comprehensive data and progress: Data, including groups, playlists, assigned content, account settings, and histories were automatically migrated.
- Learner course video page: All of the features and functionality of this page remains the same. This includes transcripts, exercise files, mobile viewing, and bookmarking.
RequirementsYou must be an active Brandeis faculty, staff or student to use LinkedIn Learning.
FeaturesCourses include the latest technology, creative, and business skills, delivered through high-quality instructional videos, which includes all the content from Lynda.com and much more.
- New Look, Same Content: LinkedIn Learning offers the same high-quality library of on-demand, expert-led instructional videos as Lynda.com.
- User-Friendly Interface: Find and view content more quickly and easily with an improved interface.
- Automatic Carryover: Your Lynda.com learning history, account info and certifications will be waiting for you in LinkedIn Learning.
- Unlimited Access: Choose from more than 5,000 video tutorials covering business, creative, and technology topics.
- Personalized Learning: LinkedIn Learning suggests the most relevant courses or videos based on skills known to be important to a given job function or role.
- Flexible Learning: Access courses on your schedule from any desktop or mobile device. Watch instructional videos on any device, on and offline at your convenience.
- Connection to LinkedIn Profile: LinkedIn Learning offers the option to automatically update your LinkedIn profile with the courses you take.
Supplement course materials with lynda.com videos
Create specific playlists for specific topics
Embed Lynda class links into LATTE
Integrate classroom technology into your lectures
Master technology and business skills
Utilize tutorials to supplement coursework
Learn techniques for project and time management
Develop skills that employers seek
Explore new technology
Upgrade your Microsoft Office skills
Inspire your team and discover new strengths
Navigate difficult situations and build better relationships
Frequently Asked Questions
All active Brandeis faculty, staff, and students with a username and password have unlimited access to all the materials on LinkedIn Learning.
Yes, all of the same content from Lynda.com will be on LinkedIn Learning.
Your ‘Playlists’ will now become ‘Collections’ and the user interface (i.e., colors and fonts) will change.
We are expecting up to 18 hours of downtime. Unfortunately, Lynda.com will not be available during the downtime.
You do not need to connect this to your LinkedIn Profile, or create a LinkedIn account in order to use the resources available on LinkedIn Learning.
You will need to download the LinkedIn Learning app to replace the Lynda.com app if you currently use Lynda content on your mobile or tablet.
To cancel your personal or business subscription account with lynda.com you should contact lynda.com customer service to deactivate your subscription.