Get Started with the Spark Program
Brandeis' Spark Program is designed to encourage and support entrepreneurial activity within the Brandeis community, including students (graduate and undergraduate), postdocs, faculty and staff. The awards are intended to help bring your ideas and entrepreneurial ambitions to life.
Spark 2021 Program
Do you have an idea for a business, social enterprise, app, or creative project? Participate this year in a unique extracurricular activity: the Spark program. Each week, you will learn about entrepreneurship, develop innovation skills, and meet like-minded people. You will also become eligible to win funding to develop your project - grants range from $1,500 - $5,000. Sound interesting? Check out the full agenda at the link below, and sign up for the Spark program.
Types of Projects Encouraged to Apply
Spark projects encompass a wide range of non-bench research. Recent Spark projects include:
- WorkAround, a data annotation platform that provides meaningful, fairly-paid work to refugees worldwide.
- Polify, an application that helps university students understand their health benefits and connect with local providers.
- GreenChoice, a shopping app that helps consumers shop their values and preferences by identifying sustainable foods and those that meet the requirements for special diets.
- Embedded Helper, an open source platform for electronics prototyping used by many researchers and universities.
Projects with social and industry impact across any sector are encouraged to apply. You can check out current Spark projects by clicking the button below:
Benefits of Spark:
- Industry-leading mentorship program to help you get your idea off the ground
- Training in innovation, business strategy, and more
- Free access to Amazon Web Services infrastructure
- Networking and visibility for your startup throughout the year
Sign Up to Be Notified of Spark Opportunities
Applications for Spark open every Fall. Sign up for our mailing list to be notified of opportunities to apply to Spark and all our other networking and funding programs