WGS Micro Grants for Social Justice
The Women's, Gender and Sexuality Studies (WGS) Department stands in solidarity with the Black Lives Matter Movement and recognizes that our students are doing work that is uncompensated, unsupported and often invisible during the intersecting crises of police violence, systematic racism and COVID-19 pandemic.
The micro grants support projects that may include, but are not limited to, educational services (e.g., book groups, book purchases, consciousness-raising activities, creation of syllabi, reading lists, etc.), creative articulations of advocacy (music, film, blogs, social media), grassroots organizing (creation of support groups) and more. The project should be broadly related to intersectionality, feminisms, gender, sexuality and/or racial justice. Priority will be given to students who qualify for financial aid.
To apply, please complete this application. The short application will include: 1) brief description of the project; 2) requested amount (such as stipend, supplies, etc.) Applications are accepted on a rolling basis throughout the academic year, including the summer semester. You must be currently enrolled as a Brandeis student to be eligible to apply for a grant. All Brandeis students, regardless of class year or program, are encouraged to apply.
- Undergraduate Program
- Graduate Programs
Grants and Prizes
- Phoebe Rothman Giddon '56 Brandeis Alumna Undergraduate Research Fellowship
- Giller-Sagan WGS Senior Paper Prize
- Grant for Graduate Research
- Esther Kartiganer Prize for Social Activism and Academic Achievement
- Isak Kazes Prize for Outstanding Achievement
- Chris Lerman Prize for Essays on Extraordinary Women
- Oliveri Family Prize
- Rena J. Olshansky Grant to Support Research on Jewish Family Life
- Ellen (Ilana) Raskin '75 Memorial Award
- Richard Saber Undergraduate Research Grant
- Queer History at Brandeis
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Resources and Career Connections
- Summer Precollege Program: Queer Academics and Activism
- WGS Guide to Brandeis
- About Us
- Contact Us