Fisher Explorer Grants
Thanks to the generosity of Herbert, Sandra (1956) and Gail Fisher (1988), Brandeis Seniors engaged in creative projects during the Academic Year (Fall and Spring Semesters) can apply for funding from the Fisher Explorer Grants.
Fall 2021 Application Deadline: October 1, 2021
Spring 2022 Application Deadline: January 20, 2022
$750 maximum, based on expenses.
If the student's project receives funding from another grant, the student should request funding to reimburse only those expenses which cannot be covered by the other funding source.
- Brandeis currently enrolled Senior: The Fisher Explorer Grants will be awarded to outstanding seniors pursuing projects in one or more of the three departments in the Creative Arts: Fine Arts, Music, and Theater Arts. Students majoring in Fine Arts, Music, or Theater Arts will have funding priority, but Seniors with other majors who are conducting creative arts projects are eligible to apply.
- Quality and feasibility of the project, assessed by evaluating the applicants's project summary and budget justification.
- Faculty approval.
- Student Information entered on the application from
- One-page funding justification summary: Summarize your research or creative project and explain at a high level how the requested funds will be used.
- Itemized budget request: Please list each item, unit cost, the number of each item, and total cost. Studio school supplies, including art supplies/materials like paint and lumber, are eligible for funding. Ordinary school supplies, such as a pen to take class notes, are outside the scope of this program. Students who need support for ordinary school supplies can reach out to the Student Support Services team.
- One paragraph description of your prior artistic or scholarly experiences, activities, and courses that have prepared you to do the proposed project.
- Faculty approval