Getting Started

A student sits and talks with an elderly man in his home

Yuezhu Chen interviewed Harbinians aged 48-96 years old to learn about the influence of Russian/Soviet culture on Harbin society in 1920-1976.

You can do research during the academic year, the summer or both. Most students start sometime after completing their first academic year; however, you can start learning about research and creative collaboration opportunities now! The more you learn and the earlier you identify areas of interest, the more options you will have.

Register for a Research 101 Workshop

The URCC Research 101 workshops can help you learn more about how to get involved in research and creative projects at Brandeis.

Learn how to:

Upcoming Research 101 Workshops

Below are the Research 101 workshops scheduled for Fall 2022 semester. All workshops will take place in Shapiro Campus Center, Room 313. Space is limited - reserve your seat using the URCC Research 101 Sign-up Form.
  • Fri, Sep 16 2022, 1:00 P.M. - 2:00 P.M.
  • Fri, Oct 14 2022, 2:00 P.M. - 3:00 P.M.
  • Fri, Nov 18 2022, 2:00 P.M. - 3:00 P.M.
  • Thu, Dec 08 2022, 1:00 P.M. - 2:00 P.M.

Next Steps

Research for pay or for course credit?

Students can opt to earn course credit for research, be paid for research or both – though not at the same time for the same project.

If you would like to do research for credit:

 If you would like to be paid to do research: