Schools of Thought
It’s our core academic value: A liberal arts education is both broad and deep.
That's why the Brandeis Core exposes you to the approaches, perspectives, insights and methodologies of a variety of disciplines. You acquire specialized skills and knowledge in your major, and broad understanding by completing one course in each of the four divisions of the School of Arts and Sciences.
- Classical and Early Mediterranean Studies
- Comparative Literature and Culture
- East Asian Studies
- European Cultural Studies
- Film, Television and Interactive Media
- German, Russian and Asian Languages and Literature
- Islamic and Middle Eastern Studies
- Near Eastern and Judaic Studies
- Romance Studies
- African and African American Studies
- American Studies
- Environmental Studies
- Health: Science, Society and Policy
- International and Global Studies
- Latin American, Caribbean, and Latinx Studies
- Linguistics and Computational Linguistics
- Women's, Gender and Sexuality Studies
- Become acquainted with the diverse perspectives, insights and methodologies across the four schools in arts and sciences.
- Gain an appreciation of the spectrum of human scholarship.
- Become familiar with some examples of the objects of study and the ways of thinking characteristic of the four schools.
2023-24 Faculty Committee
- Fast Facts
- Divisions, Departments and Programs
- Majors and Minors
- Brandeis Core Requirements
- Undergraduate Advising Heads and Language Directors
- Community Engaged Scholars Program
- Undergraduate Research and Creative Collaborations
- Brandeis Summer School
- Diversity and Inclusion
- New Initiatives
- News and Events
- Leadership and Staff
- Graduate School of Arts and Sciences
- Faculty and Administrator Resources (login required)