EB-1B Outstanding Professors or Researchers
This category is meant for outstanding researchers or faculty who have substantial publications, recognition and experience in their field (at least 3 years). This does not require a PERM Labor certification. Evidence is required for at least two of the six items is required:
- Documentation of the alien’s receipt of major prizes or awards for outstanding achievement in the academic field;
- Documentation of the alien’s membership in associations in the academic field which require outstanding achievements of their members;
- Published material in professional publications written by others about the alien’s work in the academic field. Such material shall include the title, date, and author of the material;
- Evidence of the alien’s participation, either individually or on a panel, as the judge of the work of others in the same or an allied academic field;
- Evidence of the alien’s original scientific or scholarly research contributions to the academic field; or
- Evidence of the alien’s authorship of scholarly books or articles (in scholarly journals with international circulation) in the academic field.