International Students and Scholars Office

Obtaining an F-1/J-1 Student Visa

There are a few steps that you will need to follow to obtain the required immigration document to apply for a student visa and to enter the U.S. as an F-1 or J-1 student. The steps below will guide you through the process.

Step 1: Submit the VIDOF with Required Documents and Obtain your Form I-20/DS-2019 

Step 2: Pay the SEVIS Fee

Step 3: Prepare for Your Entry to the U.S.