Transportation from the Airport to Campus
- Brandeis University is about 18 miles (29 km) from the Boston Logan Airport
- Depending on traffic and time of day, it could take 25 - 60 minutes to get from the airport to the Brandeis campus by car.
- Although a car may be the most convenient, there are also some public transportation options to consider.
- Use the address: Brandeis University, 415 South St, Waltham, MA 02453
RideShare App or Taxi
- Taking a car from the airport is the fastest and most convenient option, but also the most expensive
- Prices may range from $70 to $90 depending on the company and time of day
- The most common RideShare Apps are Uber or Lyft and both can be scheduled for a pick-up from the airport
- Taxis are also available at each terminal if needed
- Most taxis accept cash or credit card
- It is common practice to tip 10% - 20%
Private Car Service
- There are a variety of private companies that offer transportation to and from the airport
- The benefit of this option is that you can schedule this ahead of time so you know a car will be waiting for you when you arrive
Public Transportation - Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority (MBTA)
- The MBTA is one of the oldest public transit systems in the United States.
- In Boston, the subway system is called “The T”
- The MBTA provides:
- Commuter Rail
- Water ferry
- Paratransit services (Railway may extends to Western Massachusetts and Rhode island)
If you plan to use the “T” often, you may consider getting a CharlieCard. The CharlieCard is a reusable card that can be loaded with cash to pay for fares. The CharlieCard is only available at select MBTA subway stations.
- Map your route using “Google Maps”
- Download the “Transit” app to check commuter rail & subway timetables
- Download the “MBTA ticket” app for a commuter rail ticket (or buy a ticket on board)