Student Health Insurance

Both Brandeis University and Massachusetts require that students carry personal health insurance. The Health Center provides information on insurance and health service fees. For J-1 visa holders, U.S. law requires you and your dependents (on J-2 visas) to maintain health insurance. See below for more information.

J-1 and J-2 Health Insurance

All J-1 and J-2 visa holders will need to confirm that they have from home, or will purchase, health insurance coverage that meets the J requirements to maintain their visa status. Upon arrival, ISSO will photocopy your health insurance provider information and confirm your coverage meets the minimum requirements. Please see the J-1 Health Insurance Agreement for the minimum J-1 health insurance requirements.