Economic Hardship

F-1 and J-1 students who experience economic hardship after beginning their program of study in the U.S. may be able to apply for off campus work authorization.  There are two types of employment benefits that students may apply for if they are eligible; Severe Economic Hardship, or Special Student Relief (SSR.)