Phoebe Rothman Giddon Brandeis Alumna Undergraduate Research Fellowship
Undergraduate students are invited to submit proposals for the Phoebe Rothman Giddon Brandeis Alumna Undergraduate Research Fellowship. Recipients will be funded to conduct Fall or Spring semester research under the supervision of a Brandeis Faculty member.
The priority deadline to apply for 2021 Fall funding is October 1, 2021.
Funding priority will be given to applicants who meet the following criteria:
- Students who have or are currently taking at least one course in the Brandeis Women’s, Gender, and Sexuality Studies (WGSS) Department .
- Students who, with the assistance and advice of a University Faculty member, propose to research health issues as they intersect with women’s, gender, and sexuality concerns
- Students are required to fill out an I-9 in order to receive a stipend. International Students are strongly encouraged to review the steps for beginning on-campus employment found on the International Students and Scholars Office website. Please contact Kathleen McMahan, Department Administrator, with any questions related to the I-9 process.
- Students whose proposals are selected for funding will receive a stipend ranging from $1,250-5,000. The award amount will depend upon the number of proposals funded.
How to Apply
Please submit your application through Workday Student.
Proposals should include the following information:
- the title of the proposal, the applicant’s name, undergraduate class or expected date of graduation, major(s) and minor(s), and additional information as requested
- a 2-4 page (excluding references) detailed description of the proposed research project, how it connects to the spirit of the Fellowship and how it fits into your program of study at Brandeis and beyond
- resume and transcript (unofficial is acceptable)
- a letter of recommendation from the Brandeis faculty member overseeing the applicant’s research commenting on the feasibility of the proposed project, and the applicant’s ability to conduct the research
- Students should direct their Faculty Mentors to send letters of recommendation to email@example.com
A review committee that includes Faculty in the Women’s, Gender, and Sexuality Studies (WGSS) Department will evaluate submissions and select up to two successful candidates. The awardees will be announced in November 2021.
Questions about the award and application process? Contact Margaret Lynch, Director of Undergraduate-Faculty Research Partnerships