Community Living

Housing Accommodations

The process for requesting and acquiring disability accommodations in campus housing is managed by the Disability Accommodations Committee for Housing, a collaboration between Student Accessibility Support and Community Living.

We provide support services and reasonable accommodations to students who qualify under the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Fair Housing Act. All accommodation requests must be submitted and approved annually.

For  accommodation requests for currently enrolled students for the 2024-2025 academic year, the Returning Student Housing Application and the Disability Accommodation Student Request Form must be submitted by February 14th, 2024 at 12 noon. Late requests will be subject to processing delays. Incoming first-year and transfer students will receive information and deadlines after matriculation.

If you are requesting accommodations, you must also fill out the Housing Application on the MyHousing Portal when Community Living makes that available. Housing accommodation requests are not complete until you receive a selection number in the housing selection process, which requires an active HousingApplication.

If you have questions about this process or need assistance, please email

Note: Do not submit any medical documentation via email, as it is not a secure form of communication. Documentation received via email will not be opened or reviewed.

Please visit Student Accessibility Support (SAS) to view the complete request process and answers to frequently asked questions.

Religious Accommodations

We ask that you proceed through the typical housing selection process. If you are not able to find a space that meets your needs through the housing selection process, a separate form for religious housing accommodations will be made available on your MyHousing Portal starting May 1. Please note that religious accommodations are not guaranteed but will be taken into account as space permits.

Requesting accommodations for religious purposes is separate from the disability accommodations process. If you are seeking housing accommodations for religious purposes and medical conditions/disabilities, please follow the process for requesting disability housing accommodations by the appropriate deadline.

For students requesting that items inside a residence hall be modified for religious observance (motion sensors, Shabbat entry), please submit a Facilities Work Request and Community Living will do its best to support all requests.