Summer Housing General Information
- Stay past closing request: Students who request to stay on campus past May 17 but will depart by 12 p.m. May 22.
- Transitional housing: Students who request to stay on campus past May 17 and will depart between May 22 and June 5, and students who are also applying for Summer Housing.
- Summer employee housing: Students who are employed by Brandeis and will be working over the Summer.
- Summer school and JBS housing: Students who are taking classes, are involved in an approved Brandeis Summer Program or are a part of the JBS program. (You only need to be enrolled in a course over the course of the summer; you do not need a course each individual term.)
Students seeking summer housing but are not enrolled in classes, JBS or working for Brandeis can still apply for using option 4! However, you must have some type of commitment over the summer that can be verified by a supervisor. For example, an internship in the area, a thesis project with a professor, a local job or responsibility that requires you to be in Waltham. Supervisors must email us and verify this work for you to be approved to be on campus over the summer.
Summer housing is available for current Brandeis students who are enrolled in Brandeis Summer School, enrolled in a Justice Brandeis Semester (JBS) program, other Brandeis summer programs or employed at Brandeis.
Dates, locations, and costs for summer housing will depend on the program. Please see each program’s page for information on housing policies and the application process.
Summer session and transitional session meal plan info:
Bridge Plan 1: May 17 (dinner) – June 4 (lunch), $549
Summer Session 1: June 4 (dinner) – July 9 (lunch), $1,068
Summer Session 2: July 9 (dinner) – Aug. 11 (lunch), $1,005
Summer Session 1 and 2: June 5 (dinner) – Aug. 11 (lunch), $2,074
Bridge Plan 2,: Aug. 11 (dinner) – Aug. 26 (dinner), $480
Students living in Summer School Housing (Skyline) are required to be on a summer meal plan. Students living in Summer Employee Housing (Foster Mods) are not required to be on a plan but can purchase one. Be aware that once used, all voluntary meal plans are non-refundable and non-transferable. Complete this Form to request a meal plan.
WhoCash will remain active during the summer. Meal swipes are redeemable at Sherman.
Summer prices for guest meals served in the residential dining facilities are as follows:
- Breakfast: $12.50
- Lunch: $17.25
- Dinner: $18.50
- Brunch: $17.25
* Plus applicable taxes, if any. Prices are in effect as long as the dining hall is open.
- May 1: Summer housing and transitional housing applications open on MyHousing
- May 15: Summer and transitional applications close for all students
- May 17-22: Approved late stays
- May 17-June 5: Transitional housing (spring-to-summer)
- May 22: Summer housing assignments confirmed by email
- June 4: Summer Session I move-in
- June 4-July 9: Summer Session I housing
- July 9-Aug. 11: Summer Session II housing
- Aug. 11-26: Transitional housing (Summer-to-Fall)