Reserve a Common Space
The Department of Community Living (DCL) is excited to share our resources with faculty, students and staff at Brandeis. Carefully read instructions posted below on how to submit a reservation request. Please understand that the space has not been successfully reserved until you receive a confirmation email from DCL staff.
All events in residence hall spaces must end by quiet hours. Events or meetings in residence hall spaces are for members of the Brandeis community and recognized Brandeis organizations. All residence hall space requests are approved at the discretion of DCL.
- No event requests will be approved during quiet hours. This is a residential space.
- Participation in the Event Registration process may be required!
- Priority is given to residential students. This is their home.
- Non-residential students/staff must have an event sponsored by a Brandeis department. A representative of the sponsoring department must be present at the event.
- Staff members requesting the use of a residential space must contact Susan Wilson or Tim Touchette to request the space. (Students have priority in booking residential spaces.)
Steps for Reserving Residential Space
For all events in a residential space, use the instructions below.
1. Determine what space you need
Posted below are descriptions of our programming spaces and their amenities:
2. Review calendars for availability for spacesThe Calendar below notes dates and times where a space is already reserved! Please review the date and time you are requesting before you email with additional questions.
3. Submit a "Residence Hall Common Space Reservation Request Form"
This form will request a first, second and third choice for room. We will assign your event to the highest ranked space that is available.
4. Wait for Community Living approval
Please know that until you receive a confirmation email, your request has not been officially approved and will not appear in the calendar. Community Living staff may contact you with clarifying questions or ask you to resubmit your proposal. Space reservations will not be confirmed until the official start date of classes each term.
5. Respecting the Common Space
Once in the space, please respect our community standards, including quiet hours, cleanliness and any equipment that you use. Please report any irregularities or issues to a Community Living staff member so that we may deal with the concern as soon as possible.