Curricular Practical Training (CPT)

Curricular Practical Training (CPT) is an employment option available to F-1 students when practical training is an integral part of the school’s established curriculum and relates directly to the student’s major area of study. 

A Note of Caution to F-1 Students: Do not begin any off-campus employment (paid or unpaid) without first obtaining employment authorization from the ISSO. Working off-campus without obtaining employment authorization is a serious violation of F-1 student status.

Eligibility Criteria

At Brandeis, the use of CPT is only for degree-seeking students with a declared major/program of study. You should make sure:

At Brandeis, CPT is typically available in the circumstances listed below:

Application Process

Additional Information