Tenure Track Faculty

We commonly see tenure track faculty at Brandeis pursue an H-1B visa. Occasionally, they may use J-1 Academic Training if they currently hold a J-1 student visa. (Please note the J-1 student category is not the same as the J-1 scholar category.) The ISSO will be able to help determine the most appropriate visa category after we see an appointment letter and obtain information from the prospective employee.

To obtain an appointment letter for faculty, please contact the Assistant Deans of Faculty Affairs for verification and approval. After the official letter of appointment is issued, the dean's office will send a copy to the ISSO to begin discussions with the host department and faculty appointee concerning visa options.