Required Documents

  • A copy of your highest degree diploma, or letter from your university Registrar proving that you have the required degree.
    • If your degree is not written in English, it must be accompanied by an original translation, signed by a qualified translator. This also applies to degrees written in Latin.
    • If you earned your degree at an institution outside of the U.S., you must also have your degree certified by a credential evaluation service.
  • A copy of your highest degree transcripts.
  • Copies of Form I-20s or Form DS-2019s if you have spent time in F-1 or J-1 status. Please include a copy of your F-1 OPT and/or F-1 STEM OPT EAD card, if applicable.
  • A copy of most recent Form I-94 entry record:
    • Electronic I-94 record; OR
    • Paper Form I-94 card (small, white card, usually stapled into your passport) -- received if entered the U.S. prior to May 2013 or if you have entered the U.S. by a land-border crossing from Canada/Mexico. For the Paper Form I-94 card, please be sure to provide a very clear, dark photocopy of both the front AND back of the card clearly showing the date and port of entry
  • Photocopy of passport identity (name, photo, date of birth) and validity (issue and current expiration dates) pages
  • Photocopy of current U.S. Entry Visa Stamp (in passport)
  • Copies of paystubs/payment records for at least the past 4 months of employment (if applicable) in your current visa status
If you are transferring to Brandeis from a previous employer in H-1B status, you must also provide the following:
  • Letter from your employer previous to Brandeis confirming the scheduled ending date of your employment with that employer
  • Copies of paystubs/payment records for at least the past 4 months of employment
  • All current/previous Forms I-797, Notice of Approval of H-1B status (one copy, front and back)