Other Academic Positions

Brandeis considers postdoctoral associates, research scientists, and research fellows to be academic positions. Scholars who have a courtesy appointment or serve as an occasional lecture or seminar speaker are also included in this category. 

We commonly see individuals who have academic positions pursue a J-1 visa. The ISSO will issue a Form DS-2019 for those who will need to apply for a J-1 visa. Please see the J-1 Scholar Categories below.

J-1 Scholar Categories

Other Visa Options