Applying for your H-1B Visa Stamp

When applying for your H-1B visa stamp, you will need to present the following documents to the U.S. consular officer:

  • Your passport that is valid for at least six months into the future

  • The original H-1B approval notice (Form I-797)

  • A photocopy of the Labor Condition Application

  • A photocopy of Form I-129 (H-1B petition to USCIS)

  • A letter from your department, laboratory, or center stating that you are employed temporarily, your title, and your annual salary; giving the same dates listed on the H-1B approval notice (Form I-797); and describing, in non-technical terms, you research and/or teaching

  • Your most recent Brandeis paycheck stubs (if applicable)

  • A photocopy of your diploma (include translation to English if required)

  • A copy of your most recent CV

  • The waiver of two-year home residence requirement [212e] (if applicable)