Viewing and Restoring Versions
Cascade CMS automatically saves up to 25 previous versions of a page or a file. A version is created each time the asset is submitted.
- To see a list of the versions of an asset, select the asset and click on the More, then the Versions tab, or select the asset, expand the context menu and select Versions.
- The last 25 versions of the asset should display with the time and date, last modifier, and comments. Click the Path of the version that you wish to preview.
- If you are satisfied with this version of the page, click on the Activate link. There are several other tasks you can perform from this screen:
- The Newer and Older links will show you other previous versions of the asset.
- The Current link will exit this screen.
- The Delete link will delete this version of the asset (though not the asset itself).
- The Compare with Current link will show the differences between the current version of the asset and the version you are viewing.
- Once you have activated a previous version, you should see the “Operation successful” banner.
- Publish the page to have it live on the website.