Accordions are helpful when you would like to condense information on a page and let the visitor select what he or she wants to see. Accordions work well for FAQs, directions and more.
How to Build an Accordion
Open the Accordion Editor
- First, create a new page, or navigate to an existing page.
- In the Content editor, select the Accordions radio button.
- Expand the Content > Accordion editor.
Enter the Text for Each Accordion
- Enter the text that you always want visible in the Accordion Title field (required).
- If necessary, enter a subheading in the Heading field.
- Enter the text that you would like to be hidden in the Content field. You may add pictures, format text, etc. Be sure to format your text as paragraph to ensure proper spacing between the accordion head and the text.
This is the accordion text.
Add an Anchor Name to Link Directly to a Specific Accordion Field
Creating an anchor to a specific accordion field is helpful when you'd like to link to it from another point on your page or on a different page.
- In the CMS, select the specific accordion to which you would like to link.
- In the Anchor Name field, type in a name that is both descriptive and easy to remember. Anchor names should be short with no spaces and consist of lowercase letters, numbers and/or dashes.
You can link directly to any accordion with an anchor link once the page has been published. Refer to Insert Links and Anchors to do this.
Create Multiple Accordion Fields
Under the Content > Accordion title (not the Content title), click on the plus sign (+) to add a new accordion field.
Remove an Accordion Field
If you have created more than one accordion field, under the Content > Accordion title (not the Content title), click on the minus sign (-) to delete the accordion field that you do not want.
Reorder/Move Accordion Fields
If you have created more than one accordion field, under the Content > Accordion title (not the Content title), click on the up/down arrows change the order of the accordion fields.