Hyperlinks can bring users to new pages, other sections of the same page, play videos, download files, or launch other software on the user’s computer. It’s important that a user knows what is going to happen when a hyperlink is activated (via a click or a keystroke).
Your hyperlink text should:
- Explain where the link will take you, or
- Describe what action will occur when the link is activated in unique, descriptive language
- Learn more about our advising structure by visiting the first-year advising page.
- To register, print out the Enrollment Form (pdf) and return it to MS122.
Quick Tips for Linking
- Are your hyperlinks unique and descriptive?
- Do your link descriptions make sense to the reader out of context? (Imagine all of your links read out loud as a list. Can you tell which is which?)