Build Career-Ready Skills
More and more, employers are seeking particular skills from applicants. Whether you're brushing up on a concept from class or venturing into something entirely new, Brandeis has hundreds of free, online courses for you to learn job-readiness skills.
LinkedIn Learning (accessible with your Brandeis UNET login) is an online educational platform that helps you discover and develop business, technology-related and creative skills through expert-led course videos. With more than 5,000 free courses and personalized recommendations, you can discover, complete and track courses related to your field and interests, including:
Statistics and Analysis
The Brandeis Library
Our own library also offers freetrainings on various topics each semester, including:
- LaTeX for Beginners, Intro to 3D Printing, Survey Building with Qualtrics, Intro to Zotero (for citation management)
Paid, remote, project-based employment with companies ranging from Fortune 100s to emerging start-ups! Micro-internships let you:
- Learn and build skills that employers look for when recruiting for internships and full-time positions
- Explore new industries and career paths
- Build relationships with employers by demonstrating your skills and abilities
- Add projects to your resume while working with top employers
Free, world-class education to anyone anywhere. Use Khan for professional/personal development as well as to learn new skills that can help you in your career.
- Saving and budgeting, Interest and debt, Investments and retirement, Income and benefits, Housing, Car expenses, Taxes, Paying for college, Keeping your information safe
Founded by Harvard and MIT, EdX is home to more than 20 million learners and offers free and fee-based online learning. EdX employs a freemium model in which learners audit classes for free or pay to participate in certificate programs that verify their identities. Explore programs and do your research before participating.
Codesignal is the first company to develop an objective skills-based assessment platform that can be used as a standard for technical hiring. Get your coding skills certified, practice for technical interviews and build your developer resume.
CourseraAt Coursera, you can find online courses, specializations, certificates and degrees from 200 world-class universities and companies. Free and fee-based online learning. Explore programs and do your research before participating.
- FREE online courses for mental health and well-being: From demystifying mindfulness to understanding the science of happiness, we've collected top wellness courses to help you prioritize mental health and well-being during these uncertain times.
- FREE online courses for college students: From preparing for an interview to learning data science, we've collected courses to make it easier to keep learning.
Remote Learning with LabXchange
LabXchange is a free resource for remote and hybrid learning from Harvard. It offers high-quality digital content in the sciences, including lab simulations, that you can remix into customized learning narratives. Our social features, like classes, discussion forums, and mentorship, empower and connect learners, educators and researchers worldwide.
By clicking below, you'll learn how to teach online with LabXchange and explore the following topics:
- Tips for learning online
- Creating your online class
- Teaching lab skills remotely
- Building an online research community
- And much more!