There is no time like the present to start thinking about your career and post-graduation plans. At Hiatt, we encourage you to visit us early and throughout your time at Brandeis but will meet you wherever you are in the career planning and decision-making process.
Let's collaborate! Whether you are looking for an internship or job, help in developing your application materials (like a resume or cover letter), practicing for an interview or preparing for graduate or law school, we can provide support in getting you where you want to be. Appointments with our staff are available to all undergraduate students and alumni of undergraduate programs.
Graduate students seeking career support should work directly with their program's career center.
Our career team works with all students, and we have our own backgrounds and specialties. Review our profiles and get to know who you will be working with. You can find the best person to speak with by: question topic, industry area or alpha split by last name (for first-year students).
Handshake is your primary place to make an appointment. If you need additional help, contact our front desk at 781-736-3618.
Please note: To best serve students and alumni, we offer one appointment per week and encourage that you meet with the same staff member to develop a relationship and maintain consistency. Whether you are preparing for an upcoming appointment or looking for ways to follow up, here are some tips to ensure you are making the most out of your experience.
make your appointment
Express Appointments with Hiatt Advisors
Express appointments (20 minutes) are for students seeking quick help with application materials, Handshake, LinkedIn and other career-related questions. Express appointments are available during the academic year (when classes are in session) from 12-4 p.m. Monday- Friday.
SCHEDULE AN Express appointment
- Modern services for modern careers: The world of work is ever-evolving, and our award-winning practices are grounded in teaching flexibility around career planning and decision-making for today and tomorrow's workforce.
- Lifelong skills: Students are at the center of our mission, and our goal is to enhance your experience by helping you create and develop career-ready skills for a lifetime of meaningful work.
- Career everywhere: With career success at the core of the Brandeis mission, we collaborate and create partnerships through the Hiatt ecosystem model across campus to better support students in their career education and development.
- Commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion: Hiatt is committed to building a space that is all-inclusive, welcoming and free from bias and discrimination. We support students in considering how intersecting identities impact their work and professional development.
- Stay curious and engaged: There's no one-size-fits-all path or plan to follow. You're unique, and staying open to all possibilities while channeling your curiosity and engaging in activities will fuel your success.
- Be flexible and adaptable: Even the most well-intentioned plans and goals may shift over time. Hone in on your ability to adapt to new ideas and prospects.
- You are the expert on YOU. The Hiatt staff are experts on career. Our job is to help you plan effectively and to find the information necessary to make informed decisions as they relate to your job search and career planning process.
- There is no "list" we can provide you of employers, graduate programs, jobs or contacts that are a good "fit." We can collaborate with you on the resources and strategies to develop your own list and help prepare you for successful connections with alumni, employers and graduate programs.
- Your application materials will be written by you, and only you. When you meet with us, we'll help you describe your experiences while providing review and formatting suggestions. Your applications may differ for each type of role you are applying for and will change over time. Though there is no template for you to follow, we suggest continually using the resources provided for materials on our website as well as meeting with our staff through for application-focused appointments.
- We are not a placement office. Our job is to teach you to enhance your career skill set and allow you to be able to navigate the search, application and hiring process. We will collaborate and support you along the way, to be sure that you are equipped with your own game plan to put in place to apply for positions. The same expectation is true for career fairs and networking events; it is on the student to make the most out of these opportunities.
The Hiatt Career Center welcomes and includes all students in events, programs and services. Hiatt is committed to providing opportunities to any student, alumni, employer, or partner without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, gender identity and expression, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, or disabilities including physical, sensory, psychological, medical or learning, or any other category protected by law.
If you anticipate needing accommodation or have questions about the access provided, please contact Hiatt at 781-736-3618 in advance of the program or visit. If you have questions about documenting a disability or requesting accommodations, please contact Student Accessibility Support at 781-736-3470 or email@example.com.