Commitment to Diversity
The Hiatt Career Center supports Brandeis undergraduate students and alumni of all affiliations, backgrounds, identities and preferences in considering how intersecting identities might impact work and professional development.
Join the DEI Newsletter
Opt-in to the DEI Career Connections Group to receive emails about career opportunities and positions that are specifically welcoming for diverse populations.
Networking and Job Opportunities
Hiatt cultivates internships, jobs, networking and recruting events focused on and shared with diverse candidates.
- DEI Opportunity — allows students to search for roles and opportunities in Handshake with employers looking to hire diverse candidates. Opportunities include national organizations as well as dozens of Black-Owned and Led Companies on Handshake.
- The Rise Together Mentor Network is an online platform that engages Brandeis students and alumni from all over the world to make connections, exchange career advice, expand their network and learn more about industries, careers and the world of work. Students that join Rise Together gain access to a pool of dedicated alumni looking to foster career connection, get introduced to specific industries, roles and career fields of interest by joining subgroups, and much more!
Hiatt regularly brings together experts, employers and alumni to meet and speak with students in classes, online, and in-person for exploration, preparation and networking. We also host, create and co-sponsor various career programs and fairs throughout the academic year.
As an office, we are committed to increasing the number of professional development opportunities for diverse communities. Our work in this area ranges from targeted educational programming, evaluation of service usage equity, and career counseling satisfaction, representation in programming (e.g., alumni and career panels), targeted outreach and communication, employer partnerships in organizations committed to Black employees and employees of Color, collaboration with and support of the Alumni of Color Network, and supporting employers and consortia as they develop programs and opportunities for Black students and students of Color.
Our professional staff have unique backgrounds and career trajectories of their own with diverse training, education, and experience in a variety of industries.
Career team members have received advanced training in working with multicultural populations through graduate programs, ongoing professional development, and university trainings. Staff frequently have conversations with students and alumni on issues that touch on ability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, ethnicity, social and economic capital, mental/physical/emotional health, and others as they relate to career development.
Our student-facing staff includes career counselors as well as trained undergraduate Hiatt Advisors representing diverse and intersecting identities.
The Hiatt ecosystem, works with students, alumni, faculty, staff, community partners, and employers to create career and affinity hubs. Hubs help center resources and provide individualized career support to all. Every job seeker is unique and affinity hubs are here to support all students transition to the workplace.
- First-Generation Students
- International Students
- Religion at Work
- Students of Color
- Students with Disabilities
- Undocumented DACA Students
Faculty, Staff and Alumni
Show your support for Brandeis students by volunteering, partnering with our office, or helping to forge greater connections with students, alumni and groups.
- Become an alumni champion within your company and offer to pre-screen students interested in applying, mentor students in the recruiting pipeline, or champion their applications in the hiring process
- Share job and internship openings at your company
- Engage in alumni volunteer opportunities