Applying for Extension of J-1 Visa Status

Permission to stay in the U.S. needs to be renewed periodically. Scholars should talk to their department first about the reappointment process. The ISSO cannot authorize the renewal of an appointment for scholars. We can only assist after the reappointment has been approved by the appropriate department/administrative office.