Handshake is your one-stop shop for accessing career information, job and internship postings, events and more. Brandeis students can access Handshake below or on the Brandeis portal.
Log Into Handshake
Why should you use Handshake?
- Get hired: Discover and land jobs, internships, volunteer opportunities and more.
- Get discovered: Receive messages from employers that want to hire you.
- Get connected: Connect with your peers for tips and advice.
- Get it all in one place: Career events, appointments with counselors, interview bookings and career-building resources.
Get started by updating your Handshake profile. By having a complete profile, users are five times more likely to receive messages from potential employers. The video below contains five quick tips on making the most out of your profile:
Additional Tips and Tutorials
1. Log in: We’ve already set up a Handshake account for you. Just go to brandeis.joinhandshake.com and follow the prompts to log in and get started.
2. Introduce yourself: Your profile is your time to shine, so don’t be shy about listing your accomplishments. Because the more potential employers know about you, the better the chance they’ll reach out. Make sure to list all of your hard work — in the classroom and out — in your profile.
3. Tell us what you want to do and where you want to be: Set your preferences for the types of jobs and locations you’re interested in, so we find the right opportunities for you. Because searching through hundreds of job postings that don’t fit isn’t a good use of your time. Let us help! You'll also receive targeted communications and emails from the Hiatt Career Center to keep you up to date with what's going on in your areas of interest.
Complete Your Profile
Students with a full profile are 5X more likely to be messaged by a recruiter. With a completed profile, Handshake will also send you targeted messages regarding job openings, upcoming events and personalized opportunities. The three most critical items to kickstart your Handshake profile is updating “Your Interests” with:
1. Job Type: Tell us whether you’re looking for an internship, part-time job, or full-time job
2. Location: Select the cities where you’d like to work, and Handshake will show you jobs in that area
3. Job Role: Choose jobs you would like to explore, like marketing associate or software engineer
Login to Handshake today and complete your profile!
Registering for Events
Learn how to navigate the Handshake database to find, register and research employer-related career events.
Ask Questions and Spread the Word
Take control over what you want to learn and ask with these features:
- Student Q&A — In Q&A (Question & Answer), students can ask career-related questions, and get answers from other students or alumni from any school.
- Peer Messaging — Peer Messaging gives students and alumni the ability to make their Handshake profiles visible to other students and alumni across Handshake schools and to message them!
Finding Employers and Creating Reviews
Find the best places to work according to your Brandeis classmates. Compare opportunities across thousands of companies. Reviews are an opportunity for students to share feedback on internship experiences with other students and their employer. You may edit, update or delete their reviews at any time.
Learn more about Handshake reviews.
Looking to connect with employers? The Employer Directory has over 400,000 active employer profiles where you can find reviews, recruiter information and other Brandeis students and alumni that have worked there.
Search for Jobs
Log into Handshake to discover career resources, find amazing internships and jobs, connect with organizations and participate in events just for Brandeis Students. Complete your profile for a personalized experience.
Students with a full profile are five times more likely to be messaged by a recruiter. With a completed profile, Handshake will also send you targeted messages regarding job openings, upcoming events and personalized opportunities. The three most critical items to kickstart your Handshake profile is updating "Your Interests" with:
- Job type — Tell us whether you’re looking for an internship, part-time job, or full-time job
- Location — Select the cities where you’d like to work, and Handshake will show you jobs in that area
- Job role — Choose jobs you would like to explore, like marketing associate or software engineer
Use the Handshake labels to filter and find even more positions just for you!
- DEI Opportunity — Search for roles and opportunities in Handshake with employers looking to hire diverse candidates. Opportunities include national organizations as well as Black-Owned and Led Companies.
- Hire Brandeis 2020 — Brandeis alumni, families and friends have come together to share opportunities.
- Brandeis Connection — Find roles with employers that have strong recruiting connections to Brandeis University and are looking specifically to hire Brandeis students.
Handshake Help Center
Handshake offers a robust online help center to answer all of your questions about your account,including your profile, job applications, events, as well as quick training videos. Visit the Handshake Help Center.
Download the Handshake app!
Take your career search on the go with the Handshake app. Download for free in the App Store or Google Play. Search "Handshake."
- Upcoming Events
- Start Exploring
- Make Connections
- Gain Experience
- Navigate Resources
- Find Where Brandeisians Go
- Learn About Us
Hiatt Career Center
415 South Street
Waltham, MA 02453