Benefits and Workday
The Provost has announced a "significant benefit program improvements for Postdoctoral Associates effective January 1, 2020". Among these benefit changes is paid leave. All postdoc associates accrue vacation, personal, and sick leave time. Postdocs can both view their balances and report absences. Follow these instructions to enter time and absences. Job aid on absence requests from Brandeis's workday information site gives additional information on how to submit an absence.
Please note: this policy change applies to Postdoctoral Associates only. Postdoctoral Fellows and NRSA Postdoctoral Fellows (aka Fellows) are considered “non-employees” and do not accrue vacation, sick, and personal time. If you are unsure which status you have please check in Workday on your profile page or contact email@example.com.
How to check your status information:
- Log into Workday.
- Click on the cloud in the upper right of the screen and select "Your Name View Profile".
- Once on your Profile page find the "Job Details" section.
- The field you need to look at is "Job Profile".
If you think your status information in Workday is wrong definitely contact firstname.lastname@example.org so the problem can be investigated.
Brandeis's paid time off policy is available.
- PhD Degree Programs
- Master's Degree Programs
- Undergraduate Majors
- Undergraduate Research
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- Division of Science Norms and Expectations
- Division of Science Organization
- Prizes and Awards
- Division of Science Newsletter