SciFest, the Division of Science’s annual celebration of undergraduate research, is a poster session featuring work done by undergraduates in Brandeis laboratories each summer. Held in early August as the summer researchers’ work concludes, the event takes place in our state-of-the-art Shapiro Science Center. Attendees include faculty, postdoctoral researchers, research staff, administrators, graduate students, our presenters’ friends and family, and other Brandeis community members.
- SciFest XII was held on Thursday, August 10, 2023 in the Shapiro Science Center at Brandeis. There were 103 students from seven departments and two programs from across the Division showcasing their summer research in this celebration of student-faculty collaboration and mentorship.
- On August 11, 2022, SciFest XI occurred with 119 presenters from the Division of Science participating.
- SciFest X was held on Thursday, August 5, 2021. There were 94 presenters who participated in the socially-distanced event.
- Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, this SciFest could not be held in Summer 2020. Students who participated in research in Summer 2020 presented the inaugural all-disciplines Undergraduate Research Symposium on April 30, 2021.
- In August 2019, the number of presenters at SciFest IX grew to 123 and 117 posters - requiring three floors of Shapiro to accommodate everyone. Additionally, Brandeis alumni scientists spoke at a symposium, “A Celebration of Brandeis’ Undergraduate Science Education.” Students and faculty listened as speakers described their experience at Brandeis and reflected upon the impact Brandeis faculty and courses had on their careers and research.
- SciFest VIII was held on August 2, 2018 with 105 posters and presenters.
- SciFest VII occurred on August 3, 2017 with 101 posters and 105 students presenting.
- On August 4, 2016, 108 students presented 106 posters at SciFest VI.
- SciFest V, July 30, 2015, offered 90 posters and 95 student presenters.
- SciFest IV occurred on July 31, 2014 with 86 posters and 87 students presenters.
- SciFest III was held on August 2, 2013 with 75 posters and 79 student presenters.
- SciFest II. occurred on August 2, 2012, where there were 53 posters and 54 presenters.
- SciFest began on August 3, 2011 where 52 students presented posters.