IT Advisory Committee
Reviews, evaluates, and makes approval recommendations regarding IT proposals, priorities, policies, and technology investments in support of University objectives.
The Committee reports to the IT Governance Program Executive Sponsors who receive regular updates, validate its direction, resolve escalated issues, and as needed, provide approval of policy changes and funding requests.
- Review, prioritize, and approve recommendations for IT policies, standards, and guidelines.
- Review, prioritize, and make approval recommendations for IT project proposals and funding.
- Review and provide recommendations on the annual IT capital budget requests.
- Receive updates and provide oversight on IT projects and capital budget expenditures.
- Review and provide comments on the ITS Strategic Plan as it is rolled out and subsequently updated. Ensure alignment of IT projects and capital budget requests with the ITS Strategic Plan and the University’s Framework for the Future.
- Provide a forum to discuss and consider new IT requirements or emerging technologies.
- Contribute to the creation of a University-wide inventory of technology applications, projects, and investments.
- Assist in communicating the University’s IT strategies, priorities, policies, and standards to the community.
- Provide direction to prevent, where appropriate, unnecessary redundancy or non-sustainable service implementations and their resulting inefficiencies and risks.
- Provide oversight to the Data Governance Program and ensure that related procedures and protocols align with the IT Governance Program.
- Resolve the escalation of issues which span departmental boundaries, escalating issues and funding requests to the IT Governance Program Executive Sponsors when appropriate.
- Champion effective information and IT security measures, policies and practices to ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of resources are preserved.
The membership of this Committee includes representation from University departments and schools, including:
- PMO Manager (chair); Jonathan Estwing
- Chief Information Security Officer; David Albrecht
- Provost Office Representative; Morgen Bergman
- Arts and Sciences Representative; Kevin Keith
- Graduate School of Arts and Sciences Representative; Carrie Robertson
- Heller School Representative; Ron Etlinger
- International Business School Representative; Kathleen Keen
- Rabb School of Continuing Studies Representative; Sarah Gagliardi
- Library Representative; Mark Paris
- Institutional Advancement Representative; TBD
- Student Affairs; Andrea Dine
- Finance & Administration Representative; Vince Lim
- Human Resources Representative; Dana Sheehan
- Finance Representative; Kris McKeigue
- Campus Operations Representative; Justin Kamin
- Procurement Representative; Courtney Sampson
- Data Governance Leadership Representative; Ian Rifkin, ex officio
- ITS Leadership Representative; Steve Knowles
An ITAC Project Request Form * should be completed for any administrative project requests (non-research/academic, non-Workday). Please complete the form to the best of your ability and return it to your ITAC member representative for consideration.
Your ITAC representative will determine if the request will be presented to ITAC for approval and prioritization. If you do not know who your ITAC member is, please refer to the Committee Membership section above.
* Request form is available in Box (Brandeis login required). If you have questions, please contact the ITAC Chairperson.
The IT Advisory Committee is empowered to represent the University for IT project resource approval and prioritization (both human and financial, and for the latter, both capital and operating).
ITAC exercises this responsibility via codified stage gates along the project lifecycle. This includes approving and prioritizing project briefs for discovery to occur, approving and prioritizing project charters for implementation to occur, and making decisions on in-progress implementations that encounter significant changes from what ITAC previously approved.
For a list of prioritized projects and stages, please refer to the ITS PMO Portfolio (pdf).*
* PMO Portfolio is available in Box (Brandeis login required). If you have questions, please contact the ITAC Chairperson.
The IT Advisory Meeting Agendas and Minutes are posted to Box (Brandeis login required). If you have questions, please contact the ITAC Chairperson.