NETREG Service Summary
NETREG is the university’s Self Service NETwork REGistration system that allows users to register new non-browser or wired devices on the Brandeis University wireless network.
- NOTE: Most devices can connect to EDUROAM and will not have to be manually registered via NETREG.
- To register, you will need:
- Your UNET ID
- The hardware address (MAC address) of your network adapter (see below)
- Only register MAC addresses for which you are responsible. If you register it, you assume responsibility for it
- Your computer may have more than one network adapter (e.g., wired and wireless). Only register the wired adapters that you will be using on campus.
- A network adapter's hardware (MAC address) is a set of six pairs of hexadecimal numbers that uniquely identifies the adapter in your computer. An example MAC address is AB:90:56:78:90:AB.
- The MAC address is not the same as the IP address. An IP address is a set of four numbers between 0-255 separated by periods. An example IP address is 192.168.100.100.
- Support & Resources
- Accounts & Access
- Digital Media
- Communication & Collaboration
- Computers & Devices
- Event Technology
- Network Connectivity
- Servers & Infrastructure
- Software & Business Systems
- Technology Enabled Spaces
- IT Governance
- Information Security
- Data Governance
- About Us