Fall 2020 Help Desk Support
Technology Help Desk staff will be available as follows:
- Virtually: Call 781-736-4357 (6-HELP) or email email@example.com
Monday - Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. EDT
- In-person: On-campus, appointment only (starting 8/26)
Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. EDT
- Step 1: All technology-related support or computer hardware repair requests will start with a virtual consultation based on inquiries submitted via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or telephone (781-736-HELP)
- Step 2: If the technology issue can not be resolved through remote methods, Help Desk staff will direct you to schedule a 30-minute in-person appointment with a Help Desk staff member.
Computer Repair Shop
The ITS Computer Repair shop will resume operation with limited on-site staff with services provided by appointment only. If it is determined that a computer requires service or repair after troubleshooting through remote methods, a support specialist will help you schedule a 30-min on-site appointment for drop-off.
Please note that repairs may take longer than expected due to limited onsite availability.
COVID Safety Measures
The Technology Help Desk is committed to providing high-level technology support and service to the Brandeis community this fall while adhering to the following guidelines to ensure the safety of both the team and to you. During an in-person appointment with the Help Desk, community members are asked to also contribute to the safety guidelines.
- Masks are required when in public and when interacting with others. Please remember to wear your mask properly.
- Physical distancing means keeping space between yourself and other people. Physical distancing from others is the best way to reduce the spread of COVID-19. Follow floor marketers to stay at least 6 feet (2 meters) from other people, even when wearing a face covering.
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- If soap is not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer (at least 60% alcohol). Rub hands until sanitizer has completely dried.