ITS provides a centrally funded computer to each eligible employee and provides guidelines for departmental computer purchases. Learn more about the computer refresh program, departmental purchases and discounts for personal purchase.
Computer Refresh Program
Brandeis provides a centrally funded computer to each eligible faculty and staff member through the Computer Refresh Program. Some computers necessary for a department's essential operations can be acquired through the program as well. Currently, university-managed computers are replaced every five years.
There are major benefits for individuals, as well as the University as a whole, to using computers that are purchased and replaced through the Care program. Computer Care provides:
- Best pricing through discounts and sales tax exemption
- Security and encryption
- ITS and supplier technical support
- Warranty coverage documentation
- Installation of appropriate software
- Wiping of hard drive according to best practices
- Environmentally friendly disposal