Security Tools (A to Z)
Looking for information on a specific security topic or security-related tool? Everything you need is right here — a full A-to-Z list of security tools available to keep you, your account and data safe and secure.
To learn about the core suite of applications on your Brandeis-issued machine, visit the understanding your security tools page.
- Antivirus software — Brandeis uses enSilo for Brandeis-owned computers.
- Box Cloud Storage — Cloud-based secure storage for Brandeis users
- Copyright/DMCA — Learn more about copyright laws in the U.S. and how they affect you.
- Duo two-factor authentication — Learn how to enable, use or modify DUO for your Brandeis account.
- LastPass — LastPass is a password manager available to faculty, staff and students.
- Passwords — Learn more about password security recommendations and tips on making strong passwords for all your accounts.
- Phishing Awareness — Tips on identifying phishing and malicious emails
- Proofpoint Email Security — Email protection and spam filtering with Proofpoint
- Report a Security Issue — Submit a ticket to the information security office.
- Policies — View Brandeis' IT-related policies (e.g., computing, access to digital content, etc.).
- Privacy — Guide to maintaining your privacy on the internet
- Spirion — Software locates sensitive data on computers.
- Stolen Devices — Contact Brandeis public safet if you’re the victim of theft on campus.
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) / Pulse Secure — Access Brandeis resources from home or while traveling using our VPN.
- Working Remotely — Recommendations for securely working from home or on the road