The LATTE Subcommittee, which reports to the parent Academic Technology Advisory Committee (ATAC), makes recommendations regarding the features, procedures and policies related to LATTE, the university's learning management system (LMS). The committee ensures that LATTE's features meet the campus' evolving needs, providing a repeatable process to gather, evaluate and prioritize requests for features and functionality in LATTE while maintaining stable and efficient performance.
- Respond to campus needs as new forms of course delivery are established and recommend adjustments to LATTE features based on pedagogical needs.
- For LATTE features with numerous or complex options, analyze, prioritize and propose a simplified default set of options that will meet campus needs while concurrently reduce training time and increase feature adoption.
- Analyze the applications that integrate with LATTE (plug-ins) and make recommendations to retain, upgrade and discontinue when appropriate.
- Assist in validating technology needs, platforms and practical solutions to ensure a satisfactory user experience within available university resources.
- Engage with members of the campus community to receive input, provide feedback on proposals and communicate approved decisions.
- Associate Director, LMS Operations and Implementations (chair): Ivan Nieves
- Arts and Sciences, Division of Social Sciences Faculty Representative: Gregory Freeze
- Arts and Sciences, Division of Sciences Faculty Representative: Klaus Schmidt-Rohr
- Arts and Sciences, Division of the Creative Arts Faculty Representative: Peter Kalb
- International Business School Faculty Representative: Ying Becker
- Rabb School Faculty Representative: Sarah Gagliardi
- Library Representative: Ben Woupio
The LATTE Subcommittee meeting agendas and minutes are posted to Box (Brandeis login required). If you have questions, please contact the chair of the committee.