Workday Human Resources Subcommittee
This focused subcommittee provides oversight, direction and decision-making for the Workday HR Module, approving and prioritizing changes stemming from needs across campus. These may include, but is not limited to, changes to business processes, system configuration and security/roles, as well as changes stemming from Workday product releases. Requests may stem from anyone in the Brandeis community. They should first be vetted by the subcommittee member aligned by the requestor's organization. The subcommittee member then advances any requests that should move forward.
- Review, agree upon and approve priorities for Workday HR's ongoing operations, enhancements and new initiatives to assure alignment with the university's business goals and needs.
- Monitor progress of Workday HR initiatives. Consider and discuss impact of administrative system changes on people, process, technology and standards and policies.
- Resolve the escalation of issues which span departmental or divisional boundaries, escalating issues and change requests to the Workday Advisory Committee when appropriate.
- Act as liaison for change requests originating from one's school or administrative area. Provide details on these change requests to the subcommittee so that they can be reviewed for approval.
- Review existing school and departmental systems in the context of our enterprise system (Workday) to make recommendations on which ones may be able to be sunset.
- Provide direction to prevent risks, redundancy and inefficiencies related to unnecessary and non-sustainable implementations arising from across campus, when appropriate.
- Assist in informing the broader campus community of approved changes to processes, policies and standards.
- In conjunction with data governance program, with approval from the appropriate data trustees if applicable:
- Encourage and facilitate the integration of systems and access to data across functional boundaries and guide the development of common data models.
- Champion effective information and IT security measures, policies and practices to ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of resources are preserved.
- Chair, Human Resources Representative: Dana Sheehan
- Recruiting Representative: Melinda Cimino
- Benefits Representative: Melinda Cimino
- Provost's Office Representative: Lorna Laurent
- Arts and Sciences Representative: Shannon Kearns
- Graduate School of Arts and Sciences Representative: Chris Nayler
- Heller School Representative: Victoria Felson
- International Business School Representative: Kelly Forde
- Rabb School of Continuing Studies Representative: Brittany Carr
- Student Employment Representative: Kristyn Burke
- Budget Representative: Kris McKeigue
- ITS Technical Representative: Bradford Klinedinst
The Workday Human Resources Subcommittee meeting agendas and minutes are posted to Box (Brandeis login required). If you have questions, please contact the chairs of the subcommittee.