Equipment Rentals for Students
ITS offers a substantial, sliding-scale discount on event-related technology and equipment rental to Brandeis student groups. Contact Media Services, 781-736-4632.
To be eligible for the discount, student groups must:
- Be recognized by the student government.
- Obtain authorized signature on the rental form from either Student Engagement or Conference and Events Services.
- Use equipment for an official group function.
- Use equipment on-campus only.
- Pick up and return equipment during regular MTS office hours (9 a.m.-4 p.m. Monday-Friday).
- Transport, set-up and strike equipment.
- Receive training on equipment (if required by MTS).
- Student groups meeting the above criteria may rent equipment from MTS at the following discounted rates:
Regular Rate (see tables above)
Student Group Discount Rate
|$25 - $99||$25|
|$100 - $249||$50|
|$250 - $499||$75|
|$500 or above||$100 + 20% of university affiliated charges|
|Under $25||No charge|
- Inventory is available on a limited basis. Depending on general campus activity and demand, we reserve the right to limit the number of simultaneous and repeat rentals to provide equitable support for the entire University.
- Academic and event use has priority over student groups: and in some cases, confirmation of availability may be withheld until one week before the event, regardless of how far in advance the request is made.
- A minimum one week notice is required to reserve equipment.
- Equipment training is available.
- Student group is responsible for damaged or stolen equipment.