We use Google Analytics to learn more about how people find our websites, how visitors interact with them, and how we can enhance their experience.
Google Analytics data can help your department improve your content so that you can achieve your website goals, whether they be increasing school/program applications, providing services and information for students, reconnecting with alumni or promoting your faculty and research.
To access Google Analytics data for your website, please contact us for the log in information. Once you receive the log in information, please follow these steps.
- Visit the Google Analytics website.
- Log in with your Brandeis credentials.
- You will be automatically be directed to the Audience Overview in the Brandeis All profile. The Brandeis All profile will allow you to view data for on- and off-campus traffic to your website. (To view off-campus web traffic only, click the Exclude Internal IP-Brandeis All profile from the menu on the top left of the screen.)
- In the left navigation, click Behavior > Site Content > Content Drilldown.
- Then in the main panel, in the Page path level 1 column, click on #1: www.brandeis.edu
- You will then see by default a list of 10 sites. Use the show rows dropdown to expand your view (try 100, for example) if needed; or, you may use the left/right arrows. You can always use the search option or CTRL+F and type in your site name to find your site in the list.
Note: If the URL of your site (http://www.brandeis.edu/communications) changed when your site was migrated, and you want to look at the stats for your site pre-migration, you will need to find your site under the old URL as well. Contact email@example.com for assistance.
- On the top right of your screen, you may adjust the date range to whatever you would like to see (it displays the previous month by default).
- Use the Secondary dimension dropdown to add another column of data to your report
- If you would like to share this data, you may export a report in the format of your choice, such as PDF.