Pre-Health Advising provides support for applicants including pertinent workshops, personal statement review, school selection, and advising regarding readiness to apply and application timing.
For students applying to medical school, dental school, optometry school, or podiatry school, Pre-Health Advising provides a committee letter of recommendation. These applicants go through the Pre-Health board process to ensure a strong application.
This timeline details the processes involved in applying to medical, dental, optometry, and podiatry programs. If your interest is in another program, contact email@example.com to discuss the details and deadlines.
- Attend an Applicant Workshop
- Complete intake forms
- Complete intake appointment
- Begin drafting personal statement
- Prepare written materials: personal statement, activities list, short answer essays
- Complete board interview
- Request individual letters of recommendation
- Primary deadline for Slate application submission
- Secondary deadline for Slate application submission
- Medical school applications open
- Attend Centralized Application Workshop
- Submit medical school applications
- Dental school application opens
- Optometry school application opens
- Submit dental school applications
- Centralized applications are processed
- Work on secondary applications
- Committee letters are prepared for students who submitted in April
- Committee letters are prepared for students who submitted in May
- Podiatry application opens
- Interview season begins
- Interview season ends
- Begin health professions program!