Brandeis students engage in research both on- and off-campus. While some research experiences are application-based, most require you to reach out to researchers directly to see if they are in bringing you onto their project.
- Have your resume reviewed by Hiatt Career Center.
- For paid lab technician positions, view jobs in Workday.
- Search the Brandeis Faculty Guide to find faculty doing research in an area of interest. Once you identify some faculty of interest, do your homework: read their web pages and recent journal articles. Talk to other undergraduates or graduate students who work in the lab before approaching the faculty member.
- Be resilient and persistent. You may need to send more than one email or send emails to more than one faculty person.
- Keep in mind: the research does not need to be bench research or hard science research to be useful!