The Peer Mentoring program is designed to help first-year SSSP students adjust to the rigors of college life academically, socially and culturally.
Peer Mentors are matched with individual incoming students and help their mentees connect with resources across the Brandeis campus. Mentors plan academic programs and coordinate SSSP group activities, such as:
- Dinner on Moody Street or the Stein
- Movie nights in the Intercultural Center
- Ice Skating at Boston Common
- Outings to museums and shows at various Boston venues (e.g. Institute of Contemporary Art, Alvin Ailey, The Lion King, Blue Man Group, The History Boys, Preservation Hall Jazz Band)
Upperclass SSSP members are strongly encouraged to apply to be a Peer Mentor during the months of February and March.
Peer Mentor bios coming soon.
- Staff and Contact Information
- Academic Advising
- Myra Kraft Transitional Year Program
- Pre-Health Advising
- Student Support Services Program
- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Fellowship
- Student Accessibility Support
- Upcoming Events
- Resources for Faculty
“Having a peer mentor really helped me integrate into the whole Brandeis campus, and as a mentor myself, I really tried to do the same for my lovely mentees!”