On average, 40% of the junior class studies abroad during the academic year. There is a huge diversity of transformative experiences that Brandeis students have engaged in abroad, including:
- Studying biodiversity conservation hands-on in Panama.
- Conducting ethnographic research on sacred figures in Mongolia.
- Studying in a Scandinavian context with Brandeis in Copenhagen: Business and Economics in Denmark.
- Completing major/minor or university requirements in Cape Town, South Africa.
- Gaining expertise in Spanish in Havana, Cuba.
- Learning from the masters through the Brandeis in Siena studio art and art history program.
- Creating and learning in the film industry in Prague, Czech Republic.
- Students studied off campus in 42 countries and 68 different cities.
- Students enrolled in 101 different programs last year.
- International students represented 12% of all Brandeis students abroad.
- 6% of students studied abroad for the whole academic year, while 34% studied abroad in the fall and 60% in the spring.
Where Students Went:
|Region||Percent of Students||Top Destination||Top major(s)|
|Africa||2%||South Africa||Politics, Sociology|
|Europe||61%||United Kingdom||Economics, International and Global Studies|
|Latin America||7%||Chile||International and Global Studies, Health: Science, Society, and Policy|
|Middle East||6%||Israel||International and Global Studies, Near Eastern and Judaic Studies|
|North America||2%||Chicago||Theater Arts|
|Oceania||13%||Australia||Health: Science, Society, and Policy|
Top 10 Countries:
- United Kingdom
- The Netherlands
- New Zealand
- Ireland / Japan / Jordan
Top 10 Cities:
- Dublin / Jerusalem / Melbourne
Top 10 Majors Abroad:
- International and Global Studies
- Health: Science, Society, and Policy