On average, 40% of the junior class studies abroad during the academic year. There is a huge diversity of transformative experiences that Brandeis students have engaged in abroad, including:
- Studying biodiversity conservation hands-on in Panama.
- Conducting ethnographic research on sacred figures in Mongolia.
- Studying in a Scandinavian context with Brandeis in Copenhagen: Business and Economics in Denmark.
- Completing major/minor or university requirements in Cape Town, South Africa.
- Gaining expertise in Spanish in Havana, Cuba.
- Learning from the masters through the Brandeis in Siena studio art and art history program.
- Creating and learning in the film industry in Prague, Czech Republic.
- Students studied off campus in 33 countries and 54 different cities.
- Students enrolled in 93 different programs last year.
- International students represented 9% of all Brandeis students abroad.
- 5% of students studied abroad for the whole academic year, while 22% studied abroad in the fall, 39% in the spring, and 34% in the summer.
Where Students Went:
|Region||Percent of Students||Top Destination||Top major(s)|
|Africa||2.5%||Morocco & Tanzania||Environmental Studies|
|Asia||4%||South Korea||International and Global Studies|
|Europe||79%||Denmark||International and Global Studies|
|Latin America||10%||Mexico||Health: Science, Society, and Policy|
|Middle East||4%||Jordan||Education Studies|
Top 10 Countries:
- United Kingdom
- South Korea
Top 10 Cities:
Top 10 Majors Abroad:
- International and Global Studies
- Environmental Studies
- Health: Science, Society, and Policy
- Studio Art
- First Steps
- Brandeis-Run Programs
- Approved Affiliated Programs
- Resources for Abroad
- Health, Wellness, and Safety
- Returning to Brandeis
- For Families
- For Faculty
- About Us
Usdan 169, MS 073
415 South Street
Waltham, MA 02453