On average, about 35% of the junior class studies abroad during the academic year. There is a huge diversity of transformative experiences that Brandeis students have engaged in abroad, including:
- Studying biodiversity conservation hands-on in Panama.
- Studying in a Scandinavian context with Brandeis in Copenhagen: Business and Economics in Denmark.
- Completing major/minor or university requirements in Cape Town, South Africa.
- Gaining expertise in Spanish in Havana, Cuba.
- Learning from the masters through the Brandeis in Siena studio art and art history program.
- Creating and learning in the film industry in Prague, Czech Republic.
- Visiting health clinics in Mexico on the Brandeis in Merida: Public Health in the Yucatan program.
- Students studied off campus in 39 countries and 58 different cities.
- International students represented 13% of all Brandeis students abroad.
- 3% of students studied abroad for the whole academic year, while 24% studied abroad in the fall, 36% in the spring, and 36% in the summer.
Where Students Went
Top 10 Countries
- United Kingdom
- South Korea
- Ecuador | Costa Rica | Japan
Top 10 Cities
Top 10 Majors Abroad
- International and Global Studies
- Health: Science, Society, and Policy
- Environmental Studies
- Computer Science
- First Steps
- Brandeis-Run Programs
- Approved Affiliated Programs
- Resources for Abroad
- Health, Wellness, and Safety
- Returning to Brandeis
- For Families
- For Faculty
- About Us
Usdan 169, MS 073
415 South Street
Waltham, MA 02453