As you begin to integrate back into life at Brandeis University, we invite you to take a look at these pages. We hope they can help to guide you through the re-entry process and offer you some interesting opportunities to become involved with the international community on campus, and in the Greater Boston area.
Transfer of Credit
Upon return to Brandeis University it is essential that you transfer the credit you earned abroad, otherwise your work overseas will not count towards your Brandeis University degree. The following steps are necessary to complete this task:
- Have an official transcript sent to the study abroad office. Check with your program to ensure a transcript will be sent and/ or fill out any necessary paperwork.
- Evaluations: Indicate whether you participated in Experiential Learning and complete the follow up survey. Fill out an online program evaluation with Abroad101.com. Please note that your transfer credit will not be processed until we receive your program evaluation.
- The Office of Study Abroad will then process your study abroad transfer credit with the Registrar's Office. Please allow about a week (longer during peak times), for your credit to be processed.
- Your credit will appear on your Brandeis University record in Sage and also on your official transcript.
- You will receive an electronic unofficial copy of your off-campus study transcript in your online Brandeis study abroad account. You'll be notified of this step by receiving a confirmation e-mail.
- If you would like major, minor, or general university credit and you studied abroad in the fall or spring, fill out an online Petition to Request Substitution for Requirement form. If you studied abroad during the summer, you should complete a Petition for Major/Minor Transfer Credit (TC07).