Application & Admissions
No prior background in fine arts is required, however students who have taken fine arts courses will be given first consideration. Students without a fine arts background are strongly encouraged to enroll in a fine arts course prior to departure. Any student will be eligible to participate on this program as long as they are not on judicial or academic probation. While no previous knowledge or study of Italian is required for this summer program, you are encouraged to enroll in Italian language courses at Brandeis prior to participating on the program.
- Visit the Get Started page. You must first complete steps 1-3 before scheduling an advising appointment with your Study Abroad Advisor.
- Schedule an advising appointment by phone (781-736-3483) or online.
- In your advising appointment, you will talk about the program in more detail, discuss your qualifications and fit for the program, get advice on health and safety as well as passport/visa concerns, and then your application for the Brandeis in Siena program can be opened. Once your application is opened, you will have access to the Online Study Abroad Account application materials described below.
Application Deadline for Summer 2022: March 17, 2022
Applications are reviewed on a rolling admissions basis. You are encouraged to apply well before the admissions deadline. Qualified applicants will be accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis so applying early is to everyone's advantage. Provided spaces are still available, applications will be reviewed up until the published deadline. This website will contain information in the event that the program reaches student capacity before the admissions deadline.
The application will be read by the admissions committee within two weeks of receipt of the complete application. You will receive an admissions decision soon after the application is reviewed.
To hold a spot on the program, you will be required to submit a $500 non-refundable deposit within 10 days of acceptance. You will also be asked to complete a Notification Form and Financial Statement attesting to your commitment to the program.
In the event that a Brandeis-Led Program is unable to run due to concerns over health and safety, all program deposits are eligible to be refunded or carried forward to a future program.
Required Application Materials
- Online Study Abroad Account
- Application: Academic and Student Conduct Standing
- BLP: Application Statement for Brandeis in Siena (see details below)
- BLP: Statement of Agreement Summer
- Emergency Contact
- Passport ID Page Copy (valid for 6 months beyond program end date)
- Travel Grant: Do you receive financial aid? (optional)
- Upload an Application Photo
- Recommendation Letter (submitted through Online Study Abroad Account)
- General recommendation: one letter of recommendation from a faculty member (see details below)
- Informal Interview
- Students may be contacted to schedule an interview once their application is complete.