About Summer Study Abroad
Studying abroad during the summer can be an excellent academic opportunity. A summer program is also an alternative for those who are not able to study abroad during the academic year or who wish to supplement a semester or year abroad.
There are many ways to spend your summer—why not spend it in another country accomplishing academic and professional goals? You can:
- Pursue an academic internship
- Complete major/minor requirements
- Fulfill general university or Core requirements
- Improve world language skills and/or fulfill global engagement requirements in that culture
- Engage with another culture
Come to a study abroad event or meet with an advisor to learn more about what other students have done in previous summers.
Salma Ahmed '22
While abroad, Salma immersed herself in Ghanaian culture by living at the center of Accra, learning about healthcare and medical practices, and traveling to historical sites. During her program, she was able to do site visits to healthcare practices in urban and rural settings to better understand traditional and allopathic healthcare approaches in the country.